THE PEOPLE’S CLIMATE MARCH SEPTEMBER 21 IN NYC!
THIS IS AN INVITATION TO CHANGE EVERYTHING!
March for climate justice, economic justice, social justice and peace!
In September, world leaders are gathering in New York City for a UN summit on the climate crisis. The UN Secretary General is urging governments to support an ambitious global agreement to dramatically reduce global warming pollution.
With our future on the line and the whole world watching, we’ll take a stand to bend the course of history. We’ll take to the streets to demand the world we know is within our reach: a world with an economy that works for people and the planet; a world safe from the ravages of climate change; a world with good jobs, clean air and water, and healthy communities.
Sunday, September 21st in New York City. Join us.
We are leaving at 11:30 pm on Saturday 9/20 and returning around 11:30 pm on Sunday 9/21 from UB South Campus on Main Street. More specific details to follow.
RESERVE YOUR SEAT NOW or make a donation:
Scholarships Fare $25
You can also pay by check made out to “Sierra Club Niagara Group” with Climate March in the notation. Mail to Larry Snider, 69 Burdette Dr., Cheektowaga, NY 14225.
BUFFALO IS HEADING FOR NYC AND THE PEOPLE’S CLIMATE MARCH!
THE PEOPLE’S CLIMATE MARCH, to be held in NYC on September 21, 2014, calls for climate justice and a world with renewable energy, good jobs, clean air, healthy communities for all, and an Earth safe from the ravages of ongoing climate change. Sierra Club Niagara Group and a coalition of regional environmental and social justice organizations and students have secured three buses to go to New York City to join the biggest climate rally ever! The PEOPLE’S CLIMATE MARCH is scheduled to coincide with the gathering of world leaders for a UN summit on the earth climate crisis. The UN Secretary General is urging governments to support an ambitious global agreement to dramatically reduce global warming.
More than 550 local, national and international organizations are participating including Sierra Club, NRDC, and 350.org. Leaders are expecting thousands of people from across the United States to attend to raise the voices of this country to support meaningful action. We join others who are calling for a world economy that works for people and the planet!
Buffalo and Niagara will be doing its share. We can transport 150 people on the buses and are encouraging people to also take the train and other modes of transportation to attend the march which will be located near Columbus Circle in NYC around noon.
The Plans for the People’s Climate March
What Will Happen on September 21st And Other Important Information In the next few weeks we will be adding more details to this section. Be sure to check back regularly to make sure you have the most up-to-date information!
Assembly Location: in the area north of Columbus Circle
– leave Columbus Circle and go east on 59th Street
– turn onto 6th Ave. and go south to 42nd Street
– turn right onto 42nd Street and go west to 11th Ave
– turn left on 11th Ave. and go south to 34th Street End Location: on 11th Ave. in the streets between 34th Street and 38th Street
What to Bring to the March Most importantly, bring everyone you know! Help make this the largest call for climate justice imaginable!
Bring things that help communicate the message:
– Make your own signs and banners and t-shirts and flags – be creative
– Carry signs or banners that let people know where you are from – what organization, what city or state, what country
– Remember: only cardboard tubing or string can be used to carry signs, banners, flags, etc.
– Music that does not need amplification is encouraged
Items to bring that will make your day more comfortable:
– Bring some light food and drinks…it will be a long day
– Wear comfortable shoes
– Check the weather predictions a day or two before you come and dress appropriately
– If it’s going to be a sunny day, bring sun-screen
What NOT to Bring to the March
- Do not bring any amplified sound systems.
– Do not bring signs, banners or flags that are carried on wooden sticks or metal rods, only cardboard tubing or string is allowed.
– Do not weigh yourself down with unnecessary clothing or other items that you will have to carry all day long…travel lightly.
Join us on www.facebook.com